Johan, Roland, Giuseppe, Scott, Christos, Heather
0 - Agenda bash
1 - GitHub review
a. OIDC - https://github.com/IdentityPython
Started development last week, and has a good prototype with MongoDB. Found a few
weaknesses with the implementation that need further analysis. Will be focusing next on
unit test development, and once those are done and the code is reviewed, will start
planning out the roadmap for further work (e.g., looking into DPOP).
Christos points out that there is another OIDC front end code package that already has
about 20 deployments, and they are waiting for GRNET to come back from vacation to release
the code. Are we running with two parallel implementations, and is that a good thing?
• the eduTEAMS implementation has not been widely shared, so others have not seen it.
• eduTEAMS needs stable code, but this new code can act as a sandbox where new ideas can
be tested. The new ideas can then be ported back into the core code after they've been
• The concern is if the sandbox code is in the Satosa repository, people won't know
that it's just a sandbox and will try to use it in production. Particularly concerned
that the code in the Satosa is production-ready.
• eduTEAMS does not have an open roadmap, so all communication is going to continue via
these calls, meeting notes, and person-to-person communication.
• eduTEAMS code is expected to be released this quarter.
Nikos has a few PRs in queue, but the major missing part right now to the main code base
is documentation. Roland is working on the documentation for clients, and when that's
ready, will be ready to roll out the new release.
2 - AOB