Hi all,
I am about to build the SATOSA directly from the official Github
repository: https://github.com/IdentityPython/SATOSA
though, I found some files are missing: the whole "docker/" directory which
contains setup.py and start.py.
I reviewed earlier releases and found that this directory and its content
are there up to version with tag "v8.1.1" (
https://github.com/IdentityPython/SATOSA/tree/v8.1.1) and disappeared
after that.
1. Can I rely on the latest version of the directory "docker/" and build it
with the branch "master"?
2. Has the structure changed? I mean if I added them, would they work as
expected?
3. Even though I have tried it (I believe it was version with tag
"v6.1.0"). It was working, but at some point it does not release the SAML
Response back from the SATOSA IdP to the SP (Shibboleth-SP). instead I got
an error message like this:
> opensaml::FatalProfileException The system encountered an error
> The system encountered an error at Wed May 14 05:07:24 2025 To report
> this problem, please contact the site administrator at root@localhost. Please
> include the following message in any email:
> opensaml::FatalProfileException at (
> opensaml::FatalProfileException at (
> http://192.168.4.210/Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST) SAML response reported an
> IdP error. Error from identity provider: Status:
> urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:status:Responder Sub-Status:
> urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:status:AuthnFailed Message: Authentication
> failed. Error id [urn:uuid:635a5f85-9320-4f79-81bb-799656cc9d6b] SAML
> response reported an IdP error. Error from identity provider: Status:
> urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:status:Responder
> Sub-Status: urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:status:AuthnFailed
> Message: Authentication failed. Error id
> [urn:uuid:635a5f85-9320-4f79-81bb-799656cc9d6b]
The error occurs at the first time (after clearing the caches, or just
opening the browser), but later, if I re-opened the browser, it works
normally. and that makes me think if it has something to do with that
"docker/" directory being outdated. I reviewed the codes in "setup.sh",
"start.sh" and could not tell if there is incompatibility with branch
"master".
I am looking for your guidance.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Abubakur Sait
Hi all,
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the IdPy Town Hall on 17 June! For
those who couldn't attend — or those who'd like to revisit what was
discussed — the *recording and slides* are now available in the
IdentityPython Meetings repository on GitHub:
🔗 2026-06-17 IdPy Town Hall – Recordings & Slides
<https://github.com/IdentityPython/Meetings/tree/master/2026-06-17%20IdPY%20…>
As a reminder, we welcome your feedback even if you weren't able to attend.
Just reply to this email and I'll make sure your input is captured in the
meeting notes.
------------------------------
*Stay connected with the IdPy community!*
If you'd like to get more involved, the IdPy Contribute page
<https://idpy.org/contribute/> has links to the mailing list and Slack
workspace — great places to follow ongoing work and join the conversation.
Thank you again for your engagement and enthusiasm for IdPy. We look
forward to continuing this work together.
Best,
Laura Paglione
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Paglione, Laura <lpaglione(a)researchdata.us>
Date: Tue, Jun 16, 2026 at 10:47 AM
Subject: TOMORROW: IdPY Town Hall Meeting
To: <idpy-board(a)lists.sunet.se>, <satosa-dev(a)lists.sunet.se>, <
satosa-users(a)lists.sunet.se>
A quick reminder that the *IdPY Town Hall is tomorrow, 17 June* — and we'd
love to see you there.
*IdPY TOWN HALL MEETING*
17 June 2026
6:00 AM (San Francisco) | 9:00 AM (New York) | 14:00 (London) | 11:00 PM
(Sydney)
*(No advanced registration required)*
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83349546274?pwd=Hxk7X9wIct6HTXlVmI5yuXmVdwJOXa.1
ADD THIS EVENT TO YOUR CALENDAR: https://www.addevent.com/event/qtmlhpw6jx87
*Why attend?* IdPY has been in limbo for a while, and that's starting to
change. Over the last six months, the IdPY board has re-engaged and work
has been underway to reinvigorate the project. At this Town Hall, we'll
share what's been discussed, outline high-level plans for re-engaging the
technical team over the coming six months, and — importantly — hear from
you about what needs to improve as we move forward.
If you're curious about the direction we're heading, the Draft Technical
Transition Charter
<https://github.com/IdentityPython/Meetings/blob/master/2026%20DRAFT%20IdPY%…>
gives a preview of what's in discussion for the technical team
re-engagement.
*Can't make it?* The meeting will be recorded. You're also welcome to share
your thoughts via email — just reply to this message and I'll make sure
your input is included in the meeting notes.
Hope to see many of you tomorrow!
Best, Laura Paglione
On Mon, May 25, 2026 at 1:14 PM Paglione, Laura <lpaglione(a)researchdata.us>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Apologies for casting a wide net with this communication; I wanted to
> ensure I reached the people most interested in this information.
>
> There have recently been several meetings to re-engage the community on
> IdPY work. We invite you to attend an *IdPY Town Hall* where we will
> share what has been discussed (this meeting will be recorded):
>
> *IdPY TOWN HALL MEETING*
> 17 June 2026
> 6:00 AM (San Francisco) | 9:00 AM (New York) | 14:00 (London) | 11:00 PM
> (Sydney)
> *(No advanced registration required)*
>
> https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83349546274?pwd=Hxk7X9wIct6HTXlVmI5yuXmVdwJOXa.1
>
> ADD THIS EVENT TO YOUR CALENDAR:
> https://www.addevent.com/event/qtmlhpw6jx87
>
> ---
> *[optional] TECHNICAL TEAM MEETINGS*
> Additionally, if you are interested in the technical work to develop IdPY
> tools, we will hold a re-kickoff meeting to plan the next 6 months of work
> and decide on a day/time and pace for ongoing meetings.
>
> Indicate your availability on the following poll if you would like to be
> involved, even if you can't attend this time. Everyone who responds will be
> added to future technical team communications.
>
> Poll to schedule the IdPY Technical Re-kickoff Meeting during the week of
> 1 June:
> https://doodle.com/group-poll/participate/bYYKA5Ob
>
>
>
> Please reach out to me if you need any additional information. Looking
> forward to seeing you there.
>
> Best, Laura Paglione
>