[Satosa-dev] Front end support for the HTTP-POST binding

Matthew X. Economou xenophon at irtnog.org
Thu Sep 7 16:32:14 CEST 2017

Dear all,

Does the SATOSA front end support HTTP-POST bindings?  It isn't clear
from the code or documentation whether a HTTP-POST binding is supported
by the front end---or if it is, how to configure it.

I want to integrate Tableau with our VO, but it's throwing the following
error:

HTTP Status 500 -
org.opensaml.saml2.metadata.provider.MetadataProviderException: User
specified binding is not supported by the Identity Provider using
profile urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:profiles:SSO:browser

The IdP metadata for SATOSA includes a HTTP-Redirect binding:

<SingleSignOnService
  Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-Redirect"
  Location="https://satosa/Saml2/sso/redirect"/>

According to this support forum thread, the solution is to specify a
HTTP-POST binding:

https://community.tableau.com/thread/145569

Best wishes,
Matthew

--
"The lyf so short, the craft so longe to lerne."