[Satosa-dev] Microservices installation

Rainer Hoerbe rainer at hoerbe.at
Wed Nov 8 14:34:26 CET 2017

> Am 08.11.2017 um 14:24 schrieb Ioannis Kakavas <ikakavas at protonmail.com>:
>
> Hello,
> I agree with Ivan and Scott here. I would prefer to explicitly install any microservices I need as long as it takes care of all the dependencies. I don't think this makes it too cumbersome, and automated provisioning/deployment tools take away that complexity too.
> The only issue I would see is the possibility to end up with a huge compatibility matrix to describe which satosa version works with which versions of each microservice, but the interface is rather simple and I don't foresee any breaking changes there in the future.

I would prefer not to have dependencies hard coded (like pysaml1==4.x.x). That requires forking the main project because of a changed dependency.

Ideally by default a safe version of a dependency would be installed, but it could be overruled just by installing some other version before. that should apply to microservices, plugins and other packages.

- Rainer