[Idpy-discuss] thiss.io select as alias support

Scott Koranda skoranda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 21:00:04 UTC 2019

> So, has thiss.io been developed and/or used with pyff's select as alias in
> mind and, will pyff allow the alias on the /api/search endpoint? Maybe Scott
> made it work as he needs select as in some of his deployments?

Still working on it...

What I can tell you is that if my pipeline has this

- select as ligo_approved:
    - "https://login.ligo.org/idp/shibboleth"
    - "https://shibbi.pki.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/idp/shibboleth"
    - "https://orcid-saml-gateway.gw-astronomy.org/idp"

Then I can do a query like this:

curl -H 'Accept: application/json' http://127.0.0.1:8080/entities/ligo_approved?query=kagra | python -m json.tool

and "find" the KAGRA IdP (second in the list above).

So my hope is that I can create from a thiss-js repository clone a second
discovery service that has/uses a SEARCH_URL that points to

http://127.0.0.1:8080/entities/ligo_approved

and thereby deliver a second discovery service with the limited set of IdPs.

Note that the URL

http://127.0.0.1:8080/entities/ligo_approved?query=kagra

is NOT using the search API calls. It is processed using the full pipeline
mechanism. So it is slightly slower, but that is not a problem for my use
case.

I don't know if Leif will extend pyFF so that the search API calls will
respect the alias.

HTH,

Scott K