[Idpy-discuss] thiss.io select as alias support

Martin van Es martin at surfnet.nl
Tue Sep 24 20:48:11 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:57:41 PM CEST Leif Johansson wrote:
> > I suspect this is caused by the (example) nginx conf, as the /test alias
> > can not be served by thiss.io it is directly forwarded to pyff, bypassing
> > the DS?
> yeah that sounds reasonable
>
> you can easily craft a different nginx config right?

I might, but the challenge is to match on (.*)/$uri, and then thiss.io's
SEARCH_URL should be augmented with the match from (.*) if I wanted to keep
things flexible on pyff's side?

Hence my second question:

> > But then, even if we could solve the nginx conf, thiss.io should be
> > "alias"
> > aware and fire the correct query on pyff. Will it?

So, has thiss.io been developed and/or used with pyff's select as alias in
mind and, will pyff allow the alias on the /api/search endpoint? Maybe Scott
made it work as he needs select as in some of his deployments?

Martin