[Idpy-discuss] thiss.io select as alias support

Martin van Es martin at surfnet.nl
Tue Sep 24 15:56:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

I've been experimenting with thiss.io combined with pyff as mdq and tried to
use the pyff "select as" construct to narrow down the list of available IdP's
in the DS. It doesn't work? Pyff correctly reports a request on the ds, for
alias test, but thiss.io returns a 404?

pyffd[1318]: 2019-09-24 15:48:21,415 DEBUG [pyff.api:31][MainThread] handling
entry=request, alias=test, path=ds

I suspect this is caused by the (example) nginx conf, as the /test alias can
not be served by thiss.io it is directly forwarded to pyff, bypassing the DS?

server {
      include "mime.types";
      listen 0.0.0.0:8081 default_server;
      location / {
         root /opt/thiss-js/dist;
         try_files $uri $uri/index.html $uri.html @mdq;
      }

      location @mdq {
         proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8083;
      }
}

But then, even if we could solve the nginx conf, thiss.io should be "alias"
aware and fire the correct query on pyff. Will it?

Best regards,
Martin