[Idpy-discuss] idpy dev call: 23 July 2019

Rainer Hoerbe rainer at hoerbe.at
Fri Jul 26 13:32:01 UTC 2019

Hoy Ivan

> Am 2019-07-26 um 10:52 schrieb Ivan Kanakarakis <ivan.kanak at gmail.com>:
>
> Hey all,
>
> Other than the logging stuff, we discussed some more things regarding
> existing PRs and I want to go over some and merge them. I will try to
> do this before I go on vacation.
> I will be gone between 5/8 and 16/8, so I am going to miss the call on
> 6/8.

SATOSA will be put into production at a client in the next couple of weeks, with the microservice to handle the role selection flow for an ADFS IDP. They plan a security review of the source code in September. I would like see as many of my PRs as possible merged before that review happens. (The use-case-specific micro services can be left as an external module).

 I made following PRs:

Necessary for the use case:
#264 make relay_state in IDP response optional
#261 docker start.sh: allow to provide gunicorn.conf from env
#260 fix directory name clash for venv

Optional botox injections:
#263 add sequence diagrams for SAML-to-SAML operation
#262 fix PEP-8 violations in src/satosa excluding subdirs
#257 fix various logging issues
#254 WIP: add explicit exception handling without traceback;

To be done: refactored PR #237 (granular logging)

Wrt refactoring of the satosa_logger: It is touching so many modules, that I would either leave to you, or do it on a fresh branch to be merged on short notice to avoid too many merge issues. Without getting rid of satosa_logger the module printing/selection does not work properly.

- Rainer