[Idpy-discuss] Notes: idpy dev call, 17 December 2019

Niels van Dijk niels.vandijk at surfnet.nl
Tue Dec 17 17:21:39 UTC 2019

Good, thanks

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------
Van: Ivan Kanakarakis <ivan.kanak at gmail.com>
Datum: 17-12-19 18:07 (GMT+01:00)
Aan: Niels van Dijk <niels.vandijk at surfnet.nl>
Cc: Christos Kanellopoulos <christos.kanellopoulos at geant.org>, Identity Python <idpy-discuss at lists.sunet.se>
Onderwerp: Re: [Idpy-discuss] Notes: idpy dev call, 17 December 2019

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 at 19:01, Niels van Dijk <niels.vandijk at surfnet.nl> wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer Christos. I added some comments.
>
>  I am missing some statement on backwards compatibility. Can both the old and new version be run together. How to migrate?

The new frontend will not replace the current one. Instead, they will
co-exist for some time, and the old will be then removed.
This means that people will be able to start using the new one and
transition to that one on their own pace.
There is no requirement to have compatible configurations; but if we
can make that happen, then that's a bonus.

> Niels

Ivan c00kiemon5ter Kanakarakis  >:3