[Idpy-discuss] maintaining pyFF server ability to serve multiple feeds for discovery

Scott Koranda skoranda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:36:21 UTC 2018

Hi Leif,

One of the features of pyFF that I am currently leveraging is the
ability to use different pipelines/configurations to offer multiple
discovery service "backends", each with its own set of IdPs.

This is important for a use case where a deployment supports multiple
VOs and each VO needs to have its own set of IdPs that are included in
discovery.

For example, with one VO a particular IdP from a commercial
pharmaceutical company should be included, but not for any other VOs.

Today pyFF supports this but I would like to understand if the upcoming
refactor (splitting off the discovery frontend into a separate project
and refactoring the backend) will change that.

I guess more generally it would be nice to better understand your
roadmap for pyFF development.

Thanks,

Scott K