[Idpy-discuss] Notes: idpy developers meeting, 11 December 2018

Heather Flanagan hlflanagan at sphericalcowgroup.com
Tue Dec 11 14:33:41 UTC 2018


Attending:
Ivan, Heather, Roland, Rainer, Johan L, Scott, Martin

Regrets:
Christos

Notes:
0. Agenda bash

1. Governance update
Board meeting tomorrow, December 12. Main topic = IPR

2. PR review
- Satosa (Satosa PRs - https://github.com/IdentityPython/SATOSA)
Ivan merged the nameID PR submitted by Scott today. Ivan is also 
planning to do some more work on deprecating the internal hashing as 
discussed on the last call. Will work on it today, and cut a release 
that people can test.
Ivan met with Roland and discussed the new OIDC libraries. Ivan will be 
working on a new pyOIDC frontend, which will be based on the OIDC 
endpoint library that Roland developed. This should be fairly 
straightforward. Will work on the backend at some future date.
Ivan met with Johan and Frederik around how we should evolve pySAML and 
how we should integrate the new microservices style into Satosa. Ivan 
will work on the plugin loader module, simplify it, and use that as a 
custom solution to hook in the micro services. Will try to have this 
before the TIIME meeting, and at the TIIME meeting we can package some 
of the micro services.

- pySAML (https://github.com/IdentityPython/pysaml2)
Ivan spoke with Frederik and Johan about pySAML, how to refactor. Will 
trace the big function calls and see what makes sense, then move the 
lower functions into new modules and build up on them. Have functions do 
one thing only, do that one thing well, then use them to build more 
complex functions. There will be a transition period. Example: XML 
signing of objects. (Every XML operation will be in its own module. ) 
See PR 498.

PR 483 - MDQ verification. Ivan did some small changes today and then 
merged it. It may still needs tests; Scott to follow up.

Also fixed: a deprecation warning.

PR 577 - being able to return error codes not listed in the spec; they 
should be implementation defined, but we weren’t following the spec.

Next items of work: PR 518 (day/times) and 498 (XML handling)

Next week, Ivan will be in Amsterdam to meet about eduTEAMS.

- pyFF (https://github.com/IdentityPython/pyFF)
Leif still working on this; summary of work is splitting the discovery 
service from the persistence service. Is going ahead with the flask 
redesign. Also looking at pyramid (another python framework). There will 
be an API to talk to the backend persistence service, which can be 
hosted separately from the front end discovery service. Will continue to 
offer the MDQ service.

Scott is using multiple discovery services and thinks that the discrete 
list of possible IdPs should be handled in the backend, not the front 
end. Scott and Leif need to talk about this; Scott will send email and 
cc the list. Rainer has a similar use case, where certain services have 
additional IdPs that need to be shown to a certain number of users.


3. AOB
TIIME meeting - Monday, 11 February 2018 @ 11:00-17:30; will have a room 
for 10 people

Next call, 8 January 2019
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.sunet.se/pipermail/idpy-discuss/attachments/20181211/3f732ea6/attachment.html>


More information about the Idpy-discuss mailing list