[Idpy-discuss] Notes: idpy developers call, 3 April 2018

Heather Flanagan hlflanagan at sphericalcowgroup.com
Tue Apr 3 13:46:57 UTC 2018


Attendees:
Jonas, Ivan, Roland, Heather, Rainer

0. Agenda bash

1. pySAML2 PRs - https://github.com/IdentityPython/pysaml2/pulls
Ivan spoke with Leif yesterday; may be coming up to Sweden soon for a 
meeting (and maybe more).
Ivan has 493 and 495 assigned; 493 is still being examined. 495 will be 
resolved soon. Will start looking at 499; Ivan has an idea on how to 
simplify. When that’s done, it can be merged as well. 498 will be 
assigned to Ivan; it can be merged, but he has some ideas on how to make 
it better.

485 and 483 are waiting on Scott to add tests.

468 to the bottom of the list - haven’t looked at those in detail yet. 
468 will be rejected.

Team is considering adding labels. Ivan will look into what might be 
appropriate; he has used these in previous repositories.

2. Satosa PRs - https://github.com/IdentityPython/SATOSA/pulls
Ivan is currently looking at 137 and 160, and expects to close those 
tomorrow. They won’t be accepted, but he will take parts of them. When 
that’s done, he’ll go to 166 (related to issue 165). He has downloaded a 
Windows virtual machine to try and reproduce.

171 is a fairly big one.
172 can be merge, but waiting on Scott adding some tests.
176 has some fixes, but one of the fixes changes the behavior of Satosa. 
Ivan would like to go over that with them.

Ivan will look at the issues after the PRs. Note that Martin opened an 
issue in the micro services repository today; will need to review that 
as well. The question is how to handle the split repo. This has been 
discussed a bit on the mailing list, but Ivan will ping the list to 
remind people that input is needed so we can bring this a conclusion.

3. Governance update
Heather will be sending a note to committers re: (C)CLA.
Expect a set of doodle polls for calls with Commons Conservancy and 
Apereo so we can discuss their organizations as possible IPR homes for 
idpy. The call with CC will happen first (Heather hasn't heard back from 
Apereo yet).

4. AOB
pyFF - not sure if Leif has a more permanent workaround for the segfault 
issue. Also not sure if this has been refactored to be a flask project.


More information about the Idpy-discuss mailing list